Friday, March 8, 2013

Baby Shoes in Progress

Have you seen those cloth baby shoes floating around on the internet? They're super cute, and looked like something I could make, so I thought I'd try my hand at them and make a couple for my son and my niece (who are only three weeks apart in age).

Here's my first draft. They're fully functional, but unfortunately too small. It's really a shame, since I used the last of my Doctor Who fabric (available here) to make them.





They would fit a newborn or 0-3 month fine, I think, but are just slightly too small to fit on my almost six-monther's feet. I might finish them and sell them. I had plans to embroider them with some sort of Doctor related motif, but we'll see.


I altered my pattern to make them bigger...unfortunately, it still needs some tweaking. I'll post pictures as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment